- SHOW DESCRIPTION:
"The Big Picture Season 1” is a quiz-based game Show primarily in the Hindi language, which is being produced by Seventaurus Entertainment Studio Pvt. Ltd (“Production House”) for initial exhibition on the channel Colors (“Channel”) which is owned by Viacom18 Media Private Limited and/or its affiliates.
- “Auditions”: means the online/ground auditions held at various cities on certain dates as informed to the selected Contestants(s).
- “Auditionee(s)”: The Registrants(s) who is selected for participation in the Auditions round of the Show.
- “Back-up Participant(s)”: The Auditionee(s) selected to participate in the shoot round of the Show, only in case any selected Participant(s) does not appear for the shoot at the Studio, for any reason.
- “Company/Viacom18”: Viacom18 Media Private Limited and/or its affiliates, the organizers of the Show.
- “Contestant(s)”: The Registrant(s), Auditionee(s), Participant(s), Back-up Participant(s) all collectively referred to as “Contestant(s)”.
- “Celebrity Special/s”: Any Episode/s of the Show specially recorded with Celebrity .
- “Contributor”: Any person other than the Contestant(s), who participates, attends, and/or is present at any of the Auditions, the Studio, or in the Show.
- “Episode”: Each Episode of the Show (including any Seasonal Special/s or Celebrity Special/s Episode/s)
- “JioEngage”: means the platform available in MyJio application owned and hosted by Jio Platforms Limited, where the Registrant(s) can register for the Show.
- “Participant(s)”: The Audtionee(s) who is selected to participate in the shoot round of the Show.
- “Registrants(s)": Any person(s) who participates in the Show and who (I) is above eighteen (18) years of age as of July 17,2021; (ii) is a citizen of India residing in India (iii) is of sound mind and health (iv) must enter the Show on their own behalf only and entry(ies) by proxy will not be accepted, even for their family members and (v) enters the Show in accordance with the Rules & Regulations stated below. Employees of Viacom18, or the Production House, of the advertising agency which has been appointed from time to time, and also employees of the sponsors; and members of their immediate family; persons other than Indian nationals, or Indian nationals living out of India, or those who do not qualify under the definition of a resident of India as per the Income Tax Act, 1961 or those not proficient in spoken Hindi, are ineligible to enter the Show. And in case, they do participate or register to participate by misrepresentation, the Company shall in its sole discretion disqualify and discontinue such participation.
- “Rules and Regulations”: These Rules and Regulations governing the Show, stated herein in entirety, as may be amended from time to time.
- "Seasonal Special/s": Any Episode/s of the Show specially recorded to celebrate a specific time of year.
- “Schedule”: An Episode or a set of Episodes to be recorded and/or recording dates as predetermined by the Company.
- “Show”: shall mean “The Big Picture Season 1”.
- “Studio Part": That part of the Show, which takes place in the Studio whether or not part of the Show.
- “Studio”: means studio as decided by Viacom18/Production House where the shoot for the Show / part of the Show / promos of the Show takes place.
- “Voot App”: means the application owned and hosted by the Company where the Registrant(s) can also register for the Show.
- “Winner”: The Contestant(s) who correctly answers all questions posed by the host in the Show.
- PROCEDURE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SHOW:
- 1(one) question having 4 (four) multiple-choice answer options, will be aired each day during the promotions of the Show on the Channel, beginning from July 17, 2021 to July 27, 2021. A total of ten (10) unique questions will be asked. The promotions will be aired inviting all the viewers who have access to website or on the applications, to register for the Show. The website and mobile acceptance for each question shall be open for the next twenty-four (24) hours i.e. beginning from 09:30:00 PM (IST) to next day 09:29:29 PM (IST) only every day.
- Viewers who are interested in participating in the Show, need to log in to www.voot.com (“Website”), the Voot app and/or JioEngage (hereinafter together referred to as the “Platform(s)”) and need to register therein as per the details as required in Annexure A below. This will be a one-time registration required in the Platform(s) from each of the Registrant(s).
- Once the Registrant(s) have successfully registered themselves on any of the Platform(s), the Participant shall be directed to the question page, on the Platform(s). The questions will be aired as per the schedule decided by Viacom18, which will stay live for 24 hours. Detailed timelines are as below:
Note: Timelines are subject to change based on degree of participation, technical issues, force majeure reasons, etc.
- The registration using the Platforms (www.voot.com, the Voot app and JioEngage and/or SMS) will together be referred to as “Entry” for participating should have been completed on or before closing of the defined timelines in order to be considered as a valid entry (“Valid Entry/ies”).
- The cellular number from which the registration is received or has been input by the Registrant(s) will be used as a unique identification number received to identify the Registrant. Valid Entries sent each day shall only be considered for the random selection process for that day (a day is defined as a 24-hour period commencing from 9:30:00 PM to 9:29:29 PM the next day) for each applicable Period.
- Each Participant shall be allowed to answer only once for each question and multiple entries for the same question won’t be allowed.
- In case of multiple entries received during the 10 day window from the same mobile number, only the first valid entry will be considered for each mobile number registered through each mode of entry for each call for entry question.
- All Valid Entries shall be considered for the random selection process by a randomizer agency appointed by Viacom18 (“Agency”).
- In order to participate through Voot App or voot.com, follow the following process:
- Download the application (Voot) from the application store or log on to www.voot.com. Please note, the application download is free of cost, however data charges may apply. For further details on data charges, please contact your service provider.
- Enter your mobile number. Please note that we will be able to get in touch with you only if the mobile number you have shared is registered with the service provider in India.
- Select your age from the options provided. Please note that only those Registrants will be considered for participation in the Show who have completed 18 years of age as on July 17, 2021.
- Choose your gender.
- Select your education.
- Select your occupation.
- Please select your area of residence as per the options provided (you should have documented proof for your address)
- Please select your answer option (A/B/C/ D) for the general knowledge-based question to complete the registration process.
Once you have submitted the answers to all the questions, you will get see a confirmation screen confirming the registration.
- In order to participate through JioEngage:
- The Registrants have to download MyJio application on their phone from Android Play Store/ Apple Store. Downloading MyJio application is free of cost, however data charges may apply. For further details the Registrants may contact his/her relevant telecom service provider. Jio mobile SIM customers will be automatically logged / registered into MyJio application. Non-Jio mobile SIM customers will have to complete the registration through an OTP process. OTP is generated as soon as you submit your Mobile number. In case it is not received, please check the number you have entered and click the ‘Resend’ button. Once the above registration process on MyJio application is completed Registrants shall be identified on the basis of such mobile number registered with MyJio application (“Registered MyJio Account”).
- Under the JioEngage tab on MyJio application, Registrants shall click on the ‘The Big Picture’ banner. The Registrants may select the language of their choice (Hindi or English) and click on the Play Now button to participate. The Registrants have to submit the required details such as Name, Mobile number, email ID, Gender, Region, Date of Birth, Educational Qualification and Occupation and any other such details as required by Viacom18 and upon agreeing to Rules and Regulations (referred to as ‘T&Cs’ on JioEngage continue onto the Picture Quiz.)
- JioEngage shall furnish to Viacom18, and/or any official representative appointed by the Viacom18, data provided by the Registrants, relevant only to the participation, and the Registrant hereby expressly consents to the sharing of any such data to Viacom18 and/or its official representative.
- JioEngage accepts no liability and shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever in case the Registrant is unable to register due to failure on the part of the telecom operator, facility provider, device compatibility etc., or due to capacity constraints.
- All attempts will be made on best efforts basis by JioEngage to protect the data submitted to it by the Registrant from loss and corruption, but in the event such data loss happens, MyJio application may have to continue with whatever data is available, or in any other manner as it may deem reasonable. JioEngage should not be held responsible for any loss of data or the action taken on account of the same. JioEngage will not be held responsible to make good any such loss or dissatisfaction on account of such loss.
- JioEngage will take reasonable efforts to ensure that there is no security breach at its end in the course of conduct of the Show and/or that there is no data / loss of entries and/or any other loss at its end. However, in the event of a security breach and/or data/ loss of entries and/or any other loss for any reasons whatsoever, whether at MyJio application’s end or at the end of JioEngage, JioEngage will not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any loss on account of any such instances as may be sustained by the Registrant. JioEngage shall have the right at all times to exclude or disregard any entry casted during any period where a security breach or data/ loss of entry or any other loss occurs.
- The Registrant acknowledges that all possible issues may not have been identified by JioEngage and agrees to hold harmless JioEngage and MyJio application for the application, network, process, technical or any other failures.
- JioEngage shall not be responsible for and accepts no liability whatsoever with respect to the Show. Viacom18 shall be solely responsible for all matters relating to the Show including but not limited to verification of entries(s) and any other redressal of grievances, suggestions and/or concerns from the Registrant(s). Any and all such grievances, suggestions and/or concerns with regards to the conduct, or any other activity in relation to the Show, shall be directed towards the Viacom18. It shall not be open for the Registrant to require audit or verification of the information, data or any other criteria, process or system adopted by JioEngage as part of the entry.
- IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE THROUGH SMS
- Starting from July 23, 2021 to July 27, 2021, Registrants from all cities can also apply to register via SMS.
- In order to participate, select mobile telephone subscribers (Airtel/ BSNL/ Idea Vodafone/ Jio), Registrants can answer the questions by sending SMS on the numbers shared during the promotions. The SMS acceptance and Mobile App(s) Platforms (as set out above), acceptance for each question (Q6 to Q10) shall be open as per the timelines as set out below:
- The registrations using SMS (together referred to as “SMS Entry”) for participating should have been completed on or before closing of the defined timelines in order to be considered as a valid entry (“Valid Entry/ies”).
- The cellular number from which the registration is received or has been input by the Registrant(s) will be used as unique identification number received to identify the Registrant. Valid Entries sent each day shall only be considered for the random selection process for that day (a day is defined as a 24-hour period commencing from 9:30:00 PM to 09:29:29 PM the next day) for each applicable Period.
- In case of multiple entries received from the same mobile number, only the first valid entry will be considered for each mobile number registered through each mode of entry for each call for entry question.
- To participate in the Show, the Registrant must give the correct answer by choosing the correct option and sending the SMS Entry in the manner prescribed in the grid below and as stated in the promotions of the Show:
Mode of participation
Dial in numbers to be used
The SMS rates for participation are as follows:
For 56161– Upto Rs 4/- per SMS**
**Rates subject to change in accordance with applicable TRAI regulations. Please check rates with your telecom operators. Please check with your telecom operator for any other applicable charges. In case any user registers while roaming in a different circle/zone/country, additional roaming rates may apply. Please contact your telecom operator for the applicable rates.
The shortcode 56161 is available on the following operators:
Airtel, Jio, BSNL & Vodafone-Idea in select circles
- How to answer through SMS?
- SMS TBP<Space>A/B/C/D<Space><Age ><Space><Gender (M/F/O) to 56161
For e.g. TBP A 24 M
- The following data fields will be stored (1) Number from which SMS is received (2) Message (3) date of receipt (4) time of receipt (5) response sent (valid/invalid)
- In case of error in SMS format, the response message will read on the lines of “Invalid Keyword. The correct format is TBP<Space>Answer(A/B/C/D)<Space>Age<Space>Gender. Eg: TBP A 20 M. TnC on www.colorstv.com.”
- The acknowledgement message for entries sent in the prescribed format will read on the lines of as “Thank you for participating in The Big Picture. We shall connect with you soon if you are shortlisted. TnC on www.colorstv.com.”
- While multiple entries from the same mobile telephone number will be considered by the randomizer software, once a mobile telephone number is chosen, it would not be chosen the second time during any of the rounds.
- A total of approximately 1,38,000 valid correct SMS Entries overall, will be selected by the randomiser software, basis their location, age and gender as provided in the SMS Entry.
- The shortlisting of Valid Entries by the randomizer will be done using the pre-defined reservation criteria on reasonable endeavours basis the below:
- These selected 1,38,000 Registrants over all from SMS entries as selected by the randomiser as per (vi) above, will receive a call from the call centre executive to confirm their age and gender. If this matches with the current data, then additional details such as name, email id, occupation and educational details will be taken down by the call centre executive (“CCE”).
- Post collection of details of by the CCEs, the valid Entries shall be further selected to a total of 10,000 Registrants by the randomiser software.
- In the event one or more cells of the above grid are not capable of being completed by the randomizer software due to inadequate Valid SMS Entries, the balance maybe filled at the discretion of the Company. Shortages in the grid on any one day could either be made up from other correct registrations of that day, incorrect registrations of that day, or in subsequent day.
- From among all the entries received, a total of approximately 18,000 valid correct entries (by way of registration through Voot, Voot.com and JioEngage App) and a total of 10,000 valid correct entries (by way of SMS registration as per the process laid down above) will be selected by the randomizer software.
- While multiple entries from the same mobile telephone number will be considered by the randomizer software, once a mobile telephone number is chosen, it would not be chosen the second time during any of the rounds.
- The Valid Entries will be shortlisted by the randomizer on a daily basis from the Valid Entries received for each day (defined as the period from 9:30:00 PM to 9:29:29 PM the next day).
- The Shortlisting of Valid Entries (from Voot, Voot.com and Jio Engange App) by the randomizer will use the pre-defined reservation criteria on reasonable endeavors basis which is as follows:
- In the event one or more cells of the grid are not capable of being completed by the randomizer software due to inadequate Valid Entries, the balance maybe filled at the discretion of the Company. Shortages in the grid on any one day could either be made up from other correct registrations of that day, incorrect registrations of that day, or in subsequent day.
- A total of approximately 18,000 valid correct entries (by way of registration through Voot, Voot.com and JioEngage App) and 10,000 valid correct entries (by way of SMS registration as per the process laid down above) received will be called-back through a call centre on the number used for registration as per the details available with the Company, from July 18, 2021 to July 30, 2021 [Note: Timelines are subject to change based on degree of participation, technical issues, force majeure reasons, etc.]
- The selected Registrant will receive calls from the call centre executives (“CCE”) and the selected Registrant must confirm the details required (participation, age, gender) by the call centre executives (“CCE”) immediately. The CCE will ask the Participant to confirm if he/she has sent the entry for participation.
- The Registrant will then be informed if they have been selected for the online audition round to be held as per specified date and time and ask for their confirmation for attendance.
- The Registrant will then be provided with guidelines regarding the online audition with respect to the registration, GK test and instructions for submission of introduction videos.
- Timelines are subject to change based on on-ground conditions, degree of participation, technical issues, force majeure reasons, etc.
- The Company is not responsible if the call-back is not successful due to including but not limited to the following reasons:
- Line being busy
- Congestion on the network
- No answer received
- Poor call conditions / unclear reception
- Number engaged
- Call drop
- Other reasons that could render a call unsuccessful or terminate it.
- The Company shall not be liable in the event the Registrant is not able to participate in the following rounds of selection due to any delay or non -receipt of such call back to the Registrant.
- The first person who answers the registered phone number and claims/confirms that he/she is the Registrant unless expressly stated otherwise will be considered as the Registrant as per the rules of the Show. The Company will not be responsible to determine the correct Registrant in the event more than one person has participated from a particular number.
- The Company and/or its authorized agents, affiliates and representatives will use their reasonable efforts to contact the selected participants but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if the Registrant cannot be reached by telephone within the next thirty minutes after initial contact is made.
- In the event the Registrant is not available on the online audition dates, the Registrant will not be permitted to continue with the registration process and shall be considered as disqualified from further participation.
LEVEL 3 – ONLINE AUDITION ROUND
- The Registrants who confirm their attendance for the Online Tests during the call center call outs are eligible to proceed further.
- The Online Tests will be conducted in August 2021, and the timings for registration of Auditionees will be intimated and cannot be changed or modified to suit the Auditionee’s requirements.
- The Auditionees will have to sign in online (on the colors website) on the date and time allotted to such respective Auditionees.
- The Company’s authorized representatives will have the final right to refuse registration/eligibility at their sole discretion.
- Subject to completion of formalities as prescribed by Company, the Auditionees will have to go through the Audition which comprises of two rounds viz. Online Test and Video Submission. If the Auditionees fail to complete both - the Online Test and Video Submission, then he/she shall be disqualified from further participation.
- Online test for the Individuals (Online Test)
- All Auditionees will be required to give an online general knowledge test;
- All Auditionees need to log into the colors website on the date and time as has been informed to them to take the online general knowledge test. Auditionees logging in later than the time allotted to them will not be eligible for participation.
- There will be approximately 20 questions for the Online Tests.
- The Auditionees will have a certain fixed amount of time (approx. 20 seconds each) to fill out their answer options (A / B / C / D), on their answer sheet online.
- Video upload for the individuals (Video Submission(s))
- Once the Auditionees have completed their Online test, all Auditionees will be required to submit answers to a few questions about themselves through online video(s)
- The Video Submission) will be on the lines of the Auditionee’s introduction, work, hobbies and family etc. (as per the specific guidelines provided on the app);
- These videos will need to be uploaded on the Colors website as informed during the call outs.
- All rights in the intellectual property rights in such Video Submission(s) shall vest with Viacom18 for perpetuity and for exploitation on all modes, mediums, and media.
- The Auditionees represents and warrants that all the information and facts stated by him/her in the Video Submission shall be true and accurate.
- All Auditionees have to complete the above two steps to move to the next round. The Auditionees need to score atleast 50% marks in the Online Tests in order to qualify for the next round and a cumulative score of the Online Test and of the Video Submission s will be the qualifying aspect for the next round of auditions. The Video Submissions will be evaluated by the Company representative’s basis creative requirements. The benchmark score is subject to change based on the Company’s sole discretion.
- It is necessary for the Auditionee to have good internet connectivity and a smart phone or similar device throughout the Online Audition rounds to be eligible for further processing. No disputes will be entertained arising out of issues of internet connectivity loss or non-availability of smartphone or similar device.
- The decision of the Company in connection with the Audition including but not limited to short listing the Auditionees will be final & binding and is non-contestable. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this Audition, the decision of the Company shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- The dates for the subsequent rounds of the Auditions will be subsequently informed to the relevant shortlisted Auditionees.
LEVEL 4 – ON GROUND AUDITIONS
A minimum of approximately 1500 Auditionees will be selected basis the cumulative score of the Online Test and the Video Submission. The second round of Auditions will be conducted tentatively between the period commencing from August 15, 2021, and through August 30, 2021(“Second Audition Period”), and tentatively at Delhi and/or Mumbai and/or Kolkata and/or Bhopal and/or Ranchi and/or Jaipur and/or Ahmedabad and/or Lucknow. The timings for registration of Auditionees will be intimated and cannot be changed or modified to suit Auditionee’s requirements.
The Auditionees will have to be present at the allotted Audition venue on the date and time allotted to such respective Auditionees along with the documents and photographs required (both in original and attested photocopy).
Note: Travel, accommodation and all other expenses in relation to the participation of the Auditionee, will be at the Auditionees’ own costs and only the Auditionee will be permitted to enter the Audition venue upon submission of the above-mentioned documents and photographs.
The doors to the room will shut at 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., basis the slot assigned to the auditionee or at such time as the Company may decide in its sole discretion. Late entrants may stand disqualified from the Audition process at the discretion of Company. Each Auditionee will be provided a unique registration number, which he/she must carry with him/her at all times while at the Audition. The Auditionees will have to sign the registration form along with the release form and any other documents as required by the Company in order to participate in the Auditions. Company’s authorized representatives will have the final right to refuse registration/eligibility at their sole discretion.
Subject to completion of formalities as prescribed by Company, the Auditionees will have to go through entrance test which comprises of two rounds viz. written test and Video Audition. If the Auditionees fail to complete both the Written Test and Video Audition, then he/she shall be disqualified from further participation.
- Written Test for the Individuals:
- The Auditionees will be seated in a hall for the entrance test.
- The doors to the room will shut at 9.00 am and 12pm basis the slot assigned to the auditionee at such time as the Company may decide in its sole discretion. Auditionees arriving later than such time will not be eligible for participation in the Auditions.
- The Auditionees will be given a certain fixed amount of time to fill out their answer options (A / B / C / D), on their answer sheet.
- In the event the answer sheet is lost, unreadable, incomplete or untraceable e.g., the Auditionee’s name / number is not mentioned on it, such Auditionee may be disqualified.
- Video Audition:
- Each of the Auditionees will have to undergo a personal interview.
- The Video Auditions will be taped for future reference by the Company/Producer.
- In the event of any unforeseen loss of recordings, Producers at its own discretion may request Auditionees to appear for a repeat Audition session.
- The Producer and Company reserve the right to increase / decrease / alter the number of Auditionees at any audition centre.
The Auditionees will have to carry with them the following documents to the audition venue:
(i) For valid name proof (any one of the following):
- PAN Card along with Birth certificate
- Voter ID or
- Driver’s License
- UID / Aadhar card
(ii) For Valid address proof (any one of the following):
- Landline Phone / Electricity Bill
- Voter ID
- Driver’s License or
- Ration card
- UID / Aadhar card
The Auditionee will need to carry the original document and 2 attested photocopies of each document. All the above-mentioned documents must be in English or Hindi only.
(Submission of the aforesaid documents does not imply that the Auditionee has been selected for further participation.)
All Auditionees shall maintain the decorum of the Audition venue and shall abide by the Rules & Regulations thereof. Further the instructions of the Company / Producers shall be adhered to strictly. Any Auditionee who acts in contravention to the instructions of the Company or the Producers or creates nuisance either to the Company or to any other person, shall immediately be disqualified from participating in the Audition and the Show and shall be asked to leave the Audition venue.
The decision of the Company/Producers in connection with the Audition including but not limited to short listing the Auditionees will be final & binding and is non-contestable. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this Audition, the decision of the Company shall be final and binding on all concerned.
The Auditions can be moved to an online platform to abide by the Central or State Government issued guidelines or regulations related to Covid-19 pandemic. In such cases, the Company will not be liable to reimburse any travel and accommodation expenses. The Company reserves the right to conduct online personal interviews (PI), as they deem fit of the auditionees who could not attend the ground auditions for any reason.
The Company also reserves the right to use some of the first (1st) round Auditionees as they deem fit for the second (2nd) or any subsequent rounds of Auditions. The dates for any subsequent rounds of Auditions will be subsequently informed to the relevant shortlisted Auditionees.
- A 2(two) member jury from either Viacom18 and/or the Production House, will evaluate all the Auditionees on the basis of the answer sheets and the recorded footages of the Video Audition of the Auditionees. The Shortlisted Auditionees from this evaluation round will be evaluated by the 2nd evaluation jury.
- The 2nd evaluation shall be performed by a three-member jury i.e., one representative each from the Company & the Production House and an independent member (“Judges”). The Judges will select the Participants on the basis of the answer sheets and recorded footages of the Video Audition of the Auditionees. Around 100 Participants shall be shortlisted post this 2nd Evaluation, out of which approximately 78 Participants shall participate in the shoot round of the Show.
- Two lists of Participants will be selected for the shoot round, out of which one list of Participants will be used for replacement purposes.
- The number of Participants to be selected per week for the Shoot Round shall be approx. 10 Participants for each week comprising of 5 (five) episodes per week.
- In addition to this “Back-up Participant(s)” will be selected to participate in the Show, in case any selected Participant fails appear for the shoot, for any reason.
- In addition to the Backup Participant(s), 10 (ten) Participants maybe shortlisted from Mumbai (again in descending order of performance evaluation) as “stand-by” to replace any confirmed shortlisted Participant fails appear for the shoot, for any reason. Being on “stand-by” does not guarantee any selection and no monetary sum will be paid out by the Company. The Company shall not be responsible for any opportunity loss of any kind, at any stage of the Show.
- In addition, there will be special/ celebrity episodes/ weeks for which shortlisting of Participants will be performed through an alternate process of registration/casting by the Company.
- Based on Company’s requirement and creative discretion, the final selection of Participant(s) for shoot round of any Episodes/week of the Show will be made from amongst the shortlisted pool of Participants. Once a Participant is selected as a participant for shoot round of any Episodes/week, the following process will ensue:
- The representatives of the Company (“Representatives”) will notify the selected Auditionees of their selection for the shoot round and ask for confirmation of their details (name, gender, date of birth and address), after which the Representatives will inform the selected Participant(s)s of the shoot date and documentation requirements, based on finalized shooting schedules. The Participant(s) is requested to carry a valid English/Hindi Identity proof and 3 passport size color photographs of the Participant(s) to the Studio for the shoot. In case of non-availability of Participant(s) or of his/her supporting documentation, further participation will not be permitted.
- For the shoot, the Company may cluster the shortlisted Participant(s)s into different groups, based on creative requirements of the Show. No questions / queries will be entertained based on the same. The Company reserves the right to alter or modify the clusters without providing any reasons / justifications for the same to any person or Participant(s).
- Upon confirmation by the selected Participant(s) of his/her availability for the shoot round, he/she shall qualify for the said round.
- The Participant(s) will be permitted to bring along one companion for the shoot of the Episode. The Participant(s) and his/her respective companion will travel at their own risk.
- The Company shall be responsible for the travel (shortest route possible) and hotel stay arrangements of the Participant(s) and one companion who have confirmed attendance with the Company. The travel and stay arrangements will be made as per the Company’s discretion and any request in this regard by the Participants or their companions shall not be entertained. However, in case of Participant(s) residing in Mumbai the Company shall not be responsible for making any accommodation arrangements.
- The Company may require the Participant(s) to sign an undertaking or declaration any other similar documents prior to them attending the shoot, with regard to their participation. The Participant(s) hereby agrees to sign all such documents that may be required by the Company and any refusal by the Participant(s) to sign such documents shall give Company the right to disqualify such Participant(s).
- GENERAL GUIDELINES
- The participation in the Show by sending entries in any of the aforesaid manners shall be considered to be acceptance of these Rules and Regulations. An entry/ies is not transferrable.
- The Show is open to adult citizens of India i.e. only those who have completed 18 years of age as on July 17, 2021 and the citizen should be of sound health and mind. Persons must enter the Show on their behalf and entry(ies) by proxy will not be accepted, even for their family members. The Contestant(s) shall undertake, warrant and guarantee to the Company that the Contestant has the full legal capacity to participate in the Show following these Rules & Regulations.
- Employees of Viacom18, Production House, advertising agency, auditors, Viacom18’s contractors which have been appointed from time to time, and also employees of the sponsors; and their respective families; persons other than Indian nationals, or Indian nationals living out of India, or those who do not qualify under the definition of a resident of India as per the Income Tax Act, 1961 or those not proficient in spoken Hindi are ineligible to enter the Show. Failure to provide proof or affidavit of eligibility, including the proof of name, address and correct date of birth within a reasonable time upon request by Viacom18/Production House may result in disqualification. Viacom18 also reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant in case a discrepancy is found to exist in the information furnished/provided/stated by the Contestant during the conversation with Viacom18/Production House or any of Viacom18’s subcontractors and vendors in the Show, and/or in the information stated in the documents furnished by the Contestant.
- The Contestant(s) hereby represent that he/she is not under any exclusive contracts with any other third party/ agency or is not under any kind of disqualification under the law to agree with Viacom18 or its affiliates, as the case may be.
- By registering for the Show, the Contestant(s) represent that they are medically fit and do not have present or past psychological ailments. If in the past they have had any psychological ailments or have been under medication for any psychological, anxiety, hypertension, depression or any other medical problems, the same shall be disclosed to Viacom18/Production House in writing along with a copy of the certificate from a qualified medical practitioner declaring them to be fit for participation in the Show.
- Contestant(s) will not be confirmed as a Contestant for the Show if they are suffering from any kind of ill health, medical problems (viz.: heart ailment, blood pressure ailment, final stages of pregnancy, etc.) including but not limited to Covid-19. It is the responsibility of the Contestant(s) to be medically fit for participation. Nevertheless, the final decision regarding their participation in the Studio Part of the Show rests entirely with Viacom18.
- The Contestants understand and agree that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, certain additional precautions and measure are required to be undertaken by all the Contestants. The Contestants agree to adhere to all the Covid protocols as mandated by Viacom18/Production House including but not limited to wearing of masks, social distancing, staying in bio-bubble etc. The Contestants also understands that Viacom18/Production House shall have the rights to change/alter certain rules including the date of audition/shoot etc. in order to adhere to Covid-19 rules and regulations as mandated by the government from time to time.
- The Contestant hereby undertakes to adhere to all health and safety guidelines issued by the Company. The Contestant shall ensure that he/she follows and abides by all the instructions given by the Company with respect to the shoot of the Show including but not limited to all instructions issued by the Company or any production house designated by the Company with respect to the curbing the spread of the Covid -19 virus. The Company reserves the right to terminate the participation of any Contestant at any stage in the event the Contestant fails to follow any instructions of the Company with respect to the Show.
- The Contestant undertake to follow all Central or State Government issued guidelines or regulations related to Covid-19 pandemic. The Contestant and their companions are advised to always abide by the advisories issued by the relevant Government with respect to social distancing and wearing masks for their own safety and for the safety of the other around them. The Contestant agrees to participate in the Show at its own risk, and agrees to release the Company, to the maximum extent allowed by law, from any liability, direct or indirect, connected to or resulting from any Covid19 connected illness (or loss of life) that may be suffered by the Contestant and/or any relatives of the Contestant.
- The Contestants understands and agrees that the Company cannot be held liable in case any Contestant contracts the Covid-19 virus, during an audition or shoot, even after the Contestant has taken all necessary precautions and vaccination.
- The Contestant(s) represent that they have not been accused or convicted or is otherwise involved in any criminal offence and/or are not under inquiry or trial by the police or judiciary which has not been disclosed to Viacom18 in writing and that the Contestant(s) are not required to be present before any authority including police or any court of law during the shooting dates informed by Viacom18 and have no other disability which would prevent his/her participation in the Audition or the Show (if selected).
- The Contestant(s) acknowledge that they have voluntarily chosen to participate in the Show at their free will and are willing to bear all risk, costs & consequences arising from such participation in the Show.
- It is a condition of entry and participation in the Show that the Contestant has not entered into any contractual, commercial, sponsorship agreement (including but not limited to recording, performing and/or merchandising contracts) or other arrangements for example with a management Viacom18 or an individual to act as the Contestant’s manager in respect of their musical or performing abilities or the products thereof or in respect of their name, likeness, image or biography which might be in breach of the Contestant Release Form or the Rules & Regulations or otherwise prevent the Contestant(s) from participating in the Show or the broadcast, promotion, exploitation or sponsorship thereof.
- Each Contestant is also required to refrain from wearing any clothing items bearing designer or sports logos or bearing the name or likeness of a celebrity, living or dead, during the Studio Part of the Show. Contestants are also not permitted to wear or mention any competing TV channel names, or names of competitors or sponsors of the Show.
- If entries are received for participation, it is assumed that the person sending in the entry has provided us with permission to call him/her, whether or not such sender is registered on the National Do Not Call registry.
- If the Contestant cannot make it to the Studio part of the Show, he/she shall be disqualified from further participation.
- The Contestant is required to furnish necessary supporting documentation as proof of age, address, name, photo identity and nationality i.e. one original and attested photocopies of either (i) passport/driving license or (ii) PAN Card along with birth certificate and ration card or (iii) voter identity card with a birth certificate or (iv) Aadhar card or such other documents as may be required by Viacom18.
- In case there is any mismatch of Contestant(s) details in any round of the Show, the Contestant(s) may be disqualified from further participation in the Show if Contestant is unable to resolve discrepancies.
- All personal details and information requested by and supplied to Viacom18 by each Contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Viacom18 reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant(s) from the Show or Audition in its sole discretion, should the Contestant(s) at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- If at any time, including after disbursement of the prize, any information submitted by the Contestant(s) is found to be incorrect, false, or otherwise misrepresented or misleading, the Contestant(s) shall be liable to refund all amounts received from Viacom18.
- Viacom18 shall attempt to keep all the information collected from the Contestants confidential and shall share the same with the Production House to invite the Contestants if selected. Viacom18 shall ensure that the Contestants are contacted by the Production House or on behalf of the Production House only for the purpose present Show and all such information collected by Viacom18/Production House shall be destroyed if the Contestant is not selected. Viacom18 shall not share the information so collected with any party, save and except for the present Show. The Contestants, by providing the aforesaid sensitive personal information, hereby agree that Viacom18 shall have the right to share the information so collected with such other third party and the Production House as required for the Show and hereby agreed that they shall not file any claim against Viacom18 for sharing for such personal information.
- None of the Contestants and/or their friends, relatives, acquaintances shall, without the prior written approval of Viacom18, speak to the press or any other media or any third person, nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Auditions or any aspect of the Show or write blogs, post any messages in social networking or any site including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The Contestant(s) shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to Viacom18/Production House to any other party. Violation of this clause shall immediately disqualify the Contestant’s prospects of further participation.
- The Contestant(s) shall at all times keep confidential the selection process and all details regarding the Show including Audition which he/she might be informed of or which he/she might learn or come to know of as a Contestant(s) or as a shortlisted potential candidate.
- In case Viacom18 is unable to reach the registered Contestant(s), the registration entry will be deemed invalid.
- In the event is it not possible to determine with certainty the person who registered from a particular telephone number/mobile number, that entry would be disqualified. Contestant(s) are requested to use phone numbers that are unique to them.
- Viacom18 shall endeavour to take all reasonably practicable arrangements to minimize telephone system difficulties, ensure uptime of systems, back-up of data, telephone system capacity, and prevent other technical impediments, but cannot provide any guarantee in respect thereof as these are dependent on external utilities/ service providers.
- Viacom18 and its sub-contractors are not responsible for delayed receipt or non-receipt or incomplete receipt of corrupt receipt of Registration entries.
- Viacom18 accepts no liability and shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever in case the Contestant(s) are unable to participate in the Show due to failure on the part of the telecom operator, facility provider, etc, or due to capacity constraints.
- Viacom18 has the right to disqualify Contestants for the Contestant, if either of them is members of the Media / competing channels, etc. the decision in this regard will be final and binding on all Contestants.
- Viacom18 shall have the right to conduct “celebrity special Episodes” or “seasonal special Episodes” where certain persons of prominence may be invited to participate in the Show without being required to go through the participation selection process or “Special Episodes” with Contestants chosen by Viacom18 who may /or may not (which will be the sole discretion of Viacom18) be required to go through the participation selection process. The number of Contestant’s and the number of Episodes each celebrity special Episodes” or “seasonal special Episodes’ or Special Episodes” with Contestants will be decided by Viacom18 at its sole discretion.
- Even after final selection for the Show, Viacom18/Production House shall have the right to replace any of the Contestant(s) as per their discretion and creative requirement, for the betterment of the Show.
- Viacom18 also reserves the right to increase or decrease the ratio of the Contestants in each Show i.e. increase or decrease the number of Contestant(s) who can participate in the Show, without any prior intimation to the Contestant(s) and/or the public.
- The Contestant(s) understand that their selection will be based on a randomizer and selection software.
- Viacom18 will not entertain and permit the Contestant(s) or any of their representatives to check / audit / challenge the logic of the randomizer or selection software.
- Viacom18 may in its sole discretion exclude a Contestant from participating in the Audition/Studio Part of the Show which may include without limitation (i) circumstances which, in Viacom18's view, renders the Contestant unfit to participate therein; (ii) inability to produce documentation specified by Viacom18 proving the identity of the Contestant; (iii) any other reason that, at the discretion of Viacom18, would adversely impact Viacom18, Channel or Show.
- At no point in time will Viacom18/Production House be obliged to notify unsuccessful Contestants of its decision.
- Whilst Viacom18 shall make all reasonable endeavours to (i) enable Contestant(s) to proceed with the Show (ii) to contact all Contestant(s) at each relevant juncture of the Show, Viacom18 can make no guarantee thereof and Viacom18 shall in its sole discretion be entitled to proceed with the next entitled Contestant(s) under these Rules, in case it is unable to successfully contact and communicate with Contestant(s).
- Viacom18 will have no liability to a Contestant who is unable to attend or take part in the Show for whatever reason and Viacom18 shall be entitled to disqualify the Contestant(s), replace any such Contestant(s) from the Show at any time, at the discretion of Viacom18.
- Viacom18 further reserves the right to replace at its discretion any Contestant(s) who for any reason fails or is disqualified from or unable to participate in the Show and/or Show with another replacement Contestant(s), notwithstanding that such replacement Contestant(s) may have been previously eliminated from the Show and each Contestant shall agree to participate in the Show and/or Show as and when required by Viacom18 to do so.
- If there is a tie between two (or more) Contestants(s), Viacom18 shall be entitled to determine in its absolute discretion which Contestant(s) is/are eliminated and/or which Contestant(s) goes through to the next round (as appropriate) and for this purpose it shall be entitled to make such arrangements or request such further rounds from the Contestants as it in its absolute discretion deems necessary.
- No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained in this regard.
- All attempts will be made to protect registration data from loss and corruption, but in the event, such data loss happens, and because of the intricate timelines of the Contestant selection process, Viacom18 may have to continue with whatever data is available, or in any other manner as it may deem reasonable.
- The number of Auditionees to be selected shall be at the sole discretion of the Company.
- The decision of Viacom18 and/or the Production House in connection with the Audition/Show including but not limited to shortlisting the Auditionees will be final & binding and is non-contestable. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this Audition, the decision of Viacom18 shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- One Registrant (s) can make it only once to the Audition round of the Show across all the stages of the Show.
- The Company shall shortlist Contestant (s) after the Auditions as required, out of which only a limited number of Contestant(s) shall be selected for further selection processes in the Show.
- The Auditions will be subject to such timing stipulations and requirements as may be determined by the Company and the Company makes no representations, warranties nor provides any undertaking to any of the Contestant(s) that any or all the Contestants will be able to take part in Audition.
- The Company shall not be liable nor responsible for any damages, losses, costs, expenses or otherwise suffered by any of the Contestant(s) in the event that the Company is not able to permit the Contestant(s) to take part in the Audition or Show in accordance with any of the foregoing provisions.
- If an Auditionee is unable to appear for any of the Audition requirements at the stipulated date and time, he/she shall be disqualified from further participation.
- If an Auditionee is shortlisted at multiple audition date and time (through same contact number or multiple contact numbers) then only one audition that he/she has attended will be considered for evaluation.
- Company shall not entertain any request by the Auditionees for change in the dates and time of Audition.
- In case the Audition process takes more than one day, then the Auditionee would be required to be present for the entire period of the Audition as informed by Viacom18/Production House.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions in this Agreement, the Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, cancel or reschedule the Auditions, or hold additional Auditions on such other dates and at such places or may change the process or manner in which such auditions are conducted as it may determine and the Contestant(s) shall adhere to and abide by any and all instructions, requirements and timing stipulations as determined by the Company and shall attend at any and all such additional Auditions.
- For purposes of Auditions, no other person except for the Auditionees shall be allowed at the audition venue.
- Cameras and photography by the Auditionee will not be permitted at the Audition or the Shoot venues.
- Persons from the first set of Auditions may be considered in the second shoot schedule, if the need arises, at the sole discretion of the Company.
- The Contestant(s) understands that getting shortlisted in the Audition is only a preliminary step towards further participation in the Show and it shall be the absolute and sole discretion of the Company to allow participation, based on creative requirements for the Show.
- Apart from the Contestant(s), Viacom18 may at its sole discretion provide a chance for entry to the Audition/Show for unregistered individuals also, based on programming needs, should they arise, or in the event of the participation selection process or system failure.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company shall keep all the information collected from the Contestant(s) (including videos submitted and interviews conducted) confidential and shall use the same for the purpose of shortlisting the Contestant(s) for further rounds. Each Contestant, by electing to participating in the Show, hereby explicitly consents to the collection, storage and processing of such personal data collected from him/her. The Company agrees that such personal data shall be collected and processed only for the purposes of the Show.
- The Company shall deal with any data/personal information including sensitive personal information, if any, that it receives from Contestant(s) or otherwise collects, holds, uses and processes in the following manner: a) Company may also disclose data/ personal information including sensitive personal information, if any, to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities), social organizations (e.g., the social security administration), human resources benefits providers (e.g., health insurers), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable legal obligations upon prior written approval from the Company. b) The level of data protection using technical, managerial, operational and physical security control measures by the Company shall be such as to be in compliance with all applicable laws.
- The term “data/personal information” including sensitive personal information, if any, shall mean and include the name and contact information (home address, telephone and fax numbers and email address), valid identity proof such as passport number, driver’s license number, permanent account numbers or other details pertaining to the identity of the Contestant(s). The photos, images and Audition Videos uploaded by the Contestant(s) shall be retained by the Company till the winners are declared and the promotions with respect to the winners is completed for the Show.
- In exercise of the powers conferred by applicable laws, the Company shall treat the personal information including sensitive personal information as confidential and such information has to be now dealt with as per the provisions specified in the applicable laws.
- For the purposes of the Show, the Company may contract with the service providers to perform functions or services on its behalf. Such service provider may have limited access to the Contestant(s) personal information needed to perform their functions but shall be restricted from using such personal information for purposes other than providing services to the Company and/or the Production House solely in connection with the Show. The Company shall ensure, on reasonable efforts basis, that its service providers that have limited access to personal information provided by the Contestant(s) to provide the services or perform their function for the Company and/or the Production House, are subject to the same level of privacy protection as is required by the applicable laws. The Contestant(s) hereby agreed that they shall not file any claim against the Company and/or the Production House for sharing for such personal information.
- On request of Viacom18, the Contestant(s) shall also make arrangements for Viacom18 to have access to his / her residence, workplace, favourite hangouts, pets, etc. and obtain necessary permissions from his / her parents, siblings, friends, colleagues to be photographed, interviewed and to record or click their photographs, videos etc.
- As part of Contestants contribution to the Show, the Production House may request Contestant(s) to participate in any online/interactive activity relating to the Show including without limitation recordings of webcasts, interviews and participation in so-called ‘chat-rooms’. It is a further condition of entry and participation in the Show that Contestant(s) ensure and procure from any Contributors their agreement and execution of the release form as devised from time to time by Viacom18/Production House.
- The Contestants agree that if required, they shall make themselves available from time to time and co-operate with Viacom18 and participate in any activity and/or campaign (“Promotional Activity”) of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to them. Further, the Contestant(s) shall at no point in time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever if required by Viacom18. The Contestant(s) agree that the footage of any nature shall vest with Viacom18, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights worldwide and in perpetuity.
- Any photographs, videos etc. submitted to Viacom18/Production Houses or recorded by the Production Houses during the Audition or registration procedure shall on submission/creation become the property of Viacom18 and shall be available to Viacom18 for exploitation throughout the world in perpetuity. The Contestant(s) shall ensure that the photos or videos submitted by them in any public domain or their performances shall not be obscene, vulgar, defaming, denigrating women or children, hurting religious sentiments, depicting violence or shall not infringe the rights of a third person. In the event of any violation to the, the Contestant(s) shall immediately be disqualified from taking part in the Auditions/Show or any further rounds of participation and such Contestant(s) shall solely remain liable for any action (criminal/civil) arising therefrom.
- If at any time, including after disbursement of prize, any information submitted by the Contestant(s) is found to be incorrect, false, or otherwise misrepresented or misleading, the Contestant(s) shall be liable to refund all amounts received from the Company.
- The Contestants also agree that by virtue of participating in this Show, they grant their consent to the Company to host personal information including their name and photographs on air on the Channel during the telecast of the Show.
- The Company can use the contact information gathered for sending promotional messages – SMS/email etc related to the show or any other show(s).
- Contestant(s) shall not offer any bribe or make any requests to any members of the Company to get any favors. Any such acts shall eliminate the Contestant from Show. Any fraud in respect to entries or tampering of audition process will attract legal action and disqualification from the Show.
- Acceptance of these Rules and Regulations by the Contestants constitutes permission for Viacom18 its affiliates and Production House to click photographs, record videos of the Contestant(s) and use the Contestant(s) name, photographs, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Viacom18 or the Production House will not entertain any claims/questions / queries concerning the authenticity or correctness of any questions and answers for the questions asked in any round of the Show.
- Viacom18’s decision on the correctness or incorrectness of any answer is final and binding on all Contestants.
EXPENSES OF PARTICIPATION & LOGISTICS
- All costs including but not limited to travel and accommodation cost for attending the Auditions at the venues as informed by Viacom18 shall be borne solely by the selected Auditionees and Viacom18 or its sub-contractors shall not be liable for the same.
- The arrangements for travel and stay of the Contestant(s) selected to attend the shoot will be made by the Production House.
- Viacom18 or any of the affiliates connected with the Show shall not be liable for any cancellations and/or delays in the train/ flights/ cars arranged for the Contestant(s) due to any reason including but not limited to force majeure, logistical problems at the airports/ railway stations/ roads etc and the Contestant(s) shall not have any claim against Viacom18 and/or any of its affiliates connected with the Show and/or Production House for the same. Viacom18 or any of the affiliates connected with the Show shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and the Contestant(s) undertakes not to claim any compensation from Viacom18/Production House for the same.
- Viacom18 will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by the Contestant(s) or their family/affiliates, etc. incurred directly or indirectly by way of his / her registration or participation in the Show.
- The maximum prize which can be won in the Show is Rs. 5,00,00,000 /- (Rupees Five Crores only). However, each Contestant may not win the maximum prize money.
- All payments made under the Show shall be payable to the Contestant only and shall be subject to TDS and such other applicable taxes, as may be prevalent from time to time. Any taxes and/or levies applicable on the prize money won by the Contestant(s), under the laws of India shall be borne by the Contestant(s) concerning the prize. Payment of prize money to the Contestant/winner (s) shall be after deduction of all applicable taxes and levies and subject to providing the relevant documents as intimated by Viacom18 and will be paid within the time stipulated by Viacom18.
- Viacom18 shall make payments to the Contestant only after they have received all requested documents from the Contestant. In case the Contestant fails to comply with the request for documents within 15 days of such a request, he shall forfeit the money receivable from Viacom18. Viacom18 shall make payments to the Contestant within 45 (forty-five) days of receipt of the requested documents.
- Viacom18 may refuse to pay winnings or reclaim all sums paid to Contestant(s) in the event of his/her fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement to participate in the Show or non-compliance/violation of any of these Rules & Regulations.
- Viacom18 is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Contestant(s) and/or the Winner (s) in any manner whatsoever, concerning the Show and/or prize.
- Viacom18, Production House, judges, the host, the advertising agencies, the sub-contractors used by Viacom18 for the Show, and any person or entity connected with the production (including the format owners and the broadcasters of the Show), administration or judging of the auditions, the Show or the Show (the “Relevant Parties”) shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Contestant(s) or the Contributors, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Contestant(s) or Contributors arising from or pursuant to the Show or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Contestant(s) or Contributors at any stage of the Show and during production thereof whether or not caused by (1) the administration (including scheduling) of the Show including any failure of transportation or inability for any reason to appear for the Audition/before the Judges; (2) the Contestant’s or any third party’s participation in the Audition, or being selected or disqualified; (3) as a result of the decisions of the Judges or Viacom18; (4) as a result of any comment, remark, judgment, view, criticism, critique, opinion and/or observation made and/or passed by the Host and/or Viacom18; and/or (5) any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the Show. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, the Relevant Parties expressly exclude liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings under the Show. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will the Relevant Parties be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Contestant(s); or circumstances beyond the Relevant Parties including the Production House’s reasonable control.
- The Contestant(s) of the Show agree that he/she shall hold harmless the Channel, Viacom18, its employees, officers, sub-contractors or any other person in connection with the prize won by them and/or concerning the Show/Show including but not limited to the procedure in the Show and shall also not file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the sponsor and/or the Channel/Viacom18/Production House to claim any damages or reliefs.
- Viacom18 / Production House will not be responsible for any loss/theft of belongings of the Contestant(s) on the sets of the Show/Studio, before/during/after the shoot of the Episodes/Show, or at the time of the Audition.
- Viacom18 / Production House or any of its affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Contestant(s) and arising as a result of his/her participation in the Audition or the Show Part if selected.
- Viacom18 / Production House and its sub-contractors cannot and shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/interruptions or cancellation of the Audition or Show on account of any factors beyond their control.
- Viacom18 / Production House and its subcontractors shall not be held responsible or accountable to any of the Contestant(s) and/or Contributor(s), for any loss, injury or any other liability which may arise, en route while coming to the venue of Audition or while attending the Studio Part/shoot or while participating in the Show and for which the Contestant(s) and the Contributor(s) will be required to sign an indemnity in favour of Viacom18. The Contestant(s) and Contributor(s) agree to release, discharge, and covenant, not to sue Viacom18 or any of its associate agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and/or any other agencies or individuals connected with the Show in any manner, from any claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, in any way arising out of or resulting from the Contestant(s) involvement in the selection process.
- The Contestant(s) hereby agree to indemnify Viacom18 or its affiliates against any claims that might arise from their actions or omissions while participating in the Audition / Show.
- Apart from the entitlement to be part of the television Show “The Big Picture– Season 1”, the Contestant or their legal heirs will have no other rights or claims against Viacom18 or the Production Houses. For the sake of clarity, it is stated that the Contestant(s) for the Audition or the Show shall not be paid any consideration.
- The Contestant shall not pay, offer or promise to pay, or authorise the payment directly or indirectly of, any monies or anything of value to any government official or employee or any political party or any candidate for political office or employee of a private party for the purpose of influencing any act or decision of the government official or employee, political party or candidate in order to obtain or retain business or to direct business to any person and shall conduct themselves and all transactions under this Terms and Conditions and/or any transaction relating to the business contemplated herein in a manner consistent with the intent and goals (to the extent applicable) of the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transaction, 37 ILM 1 of 15 February 1999, United States’ Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, United Kingdom Bribery Act, 20110 and any other Indian law including Indian Penal Code, 1860 and Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 ("Legislations"). If the Contestant becomes aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any transaction relating to the business contemplated herein has taken place in contravention of the principles set forth in the Legislations, the Contestant shall be entitled forthwith, in its sole discretion, to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect and any and all other arrangements with the Contestant and/or its affiliated companies and the same shall be treated as material breach of this Terms and Conditions.
- The procedures for registration and participation in the Show are subject to the Rules and Regulations stated herein. Non-conformance by any Contestant(s) to the rules of the Show will disqualify him/her from participation or winnings, immediately, as the case may be.
- In the event of any fault, misunderstanding or dispute concerning any part of the Show, and/or the operation of the telephone system, Auditions, Call-backs, the selection of Contestant(s) at any stage, or the validity of any question or answer options, the decision of Viacom18 shall be final and binding on all Contestant(s). Viacom18 / Production House of the Show are empowered to take decisions on any case or instances not covered by the present Rules and Regulations.
- Viacom18 reserves the right to amend (add, delete or modify) the Rules & Regulations governing the Show and/or the Contestant selection process prospectively or retrospectively, at its discretion and without prior notice, to improve the Show or remedy any issues that occur.
- Viacom18 has the right at any time to terminate the Show without any prior intimation or notice to the public and Viacom18 is not obligated in any manner whatsoever to compensate any person or persons who have participated in the Show and/or accommodate any person or persons who have been selected in the Show for the Show.
- Registration to the Show does not guarantee the selection of the Contestant(s) to proceed with the Show. Registration also does not entitle any Contestant(s) to a prize or award.
- Taking part in the registration process shall be deemed to be acceptance by the Contestant(s) to receive promotional messages from Viacom18 or any third party so authorized by Viacom18.
- If the operation of the Show (including without limitation the operation of the related telephone systems, call centre operations, and software systems); the recording; broadcast of any/all the Show is prevented by an event of force majeure, Viacom18 may cancel all or any part of the Show/Show, or take such other decision as it deems fit.
- Notwithstanding a Contestant's participation in the Show, there is no obligation on the part of Viacom18 to broadcast any Show in which he/she has taken part or any or all his / her contribution as recorded by Viacom18.
- Viacom18 reserves the right to re-schedule the date(s) of registration, call-backs, Auditions, recording the Studio Part of the Show and broadcast, at its discretion.
- In case any of the Contestant is found to violate any rules/process of the Show, Viacom18 reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such person(s) including but not limited to having the concerned winner refund the prize money won on the Show together with penalty interest as deemed fit by Viacom18.
- If Contestant(s) are unclear as to the Rules & Regulations of participation he/she will have to send an email at email@example.com. Viacom18 shall make reasonable endeavors to respond thereto. The above shall not, however, be a ground for extension of time/deadlines as specified herein. The Production House reserves the right to change the structure of the Show as it sees fit including without limitation by adding / reducing / altering Auditions/rounds to the Show.
- It is a condition of entry and participation in the Show that Contestant(s) make themselves available to participate in the Show, agree and sign up the Contestant Release Form and any other documents as requested by Viacom18/Production House and abide by terms and conditions of such Contestant Release Form and the Rules, Regulations as revised from time to time by Viacom18 including but not by way of limitation these Rules & Regulations.
- Viacom18’s decision (or, where appropriate, the decision of the Judges) is final and the Contestant(s) acknowledge that the interests of the Show/Show shall override those of any Contestant(s) and/ or Contributor.
- The Contestant(s) must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Show and observe these Rules & Regulations and any other Rules & Regulations in force at the Auditions and/or Studio. Viacom18 reserves the right in its absolute discretion to remove from the Show, Audition, Studio any Contestant(s) who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Contestants(s).
- These Rules & Regulations shall be read in consonance with any release forms signed by the Contestant(s) and in the event of any conflict between Contestant Release Form and these Rules & Regulations, these Rules & Regulations will prevail.
- No weapons, alcohol or illicit substances will be permitted at any premises or during any part of the Show. Contestant(s) must be of good moral character and not be under the influence or habit of any medication, drugs or other psychotropic substance which may impair their ability to participate in the Show. The use of any prohibited substances could lead to disqualification.
- If any provision of these Rules & Regulations is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of these Rules & Regulations and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- The Rules and Regulations as stated herein is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 ("Act") and rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions about electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008. This is a legal and binding agreement between the Contestant (as defined hereinafter) and Viacom18, that states the terms that govern the Participation through the Platform(s) and/or any other platform as communicated hereunder. By participating in the Show, the Contestant hereby unconditionally consents, agrees and undertakes to abide, be bound by and adhere to the terms and conditions stated herein.
- These Rules & Regulations and the Show shall be governed by and construed following the laws of India and the Contestant(s) submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Mumbai.
- Use of mobile phones will not be permitted during the shoot and the Auditions. It may lead to disqualification.
- Registration does not guarantee the selection or participation of the Contestant(s) and such selection shall be as per the sole discretion of Viacom18 or its affiliates.
- Viacom18 / Production House of the Show is empowered to decide on any case not covered by the present Rules and Regulations.
- These regulations have been originally written in English and translated into Hindi. In case of any conflict, the English interpretations will be considered.
The data will be captured in English or Hindi, basis of user preference.
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Gender (Male/Female/Other)
- Date of birth
- Educational qualification
- 12th +
- Government employee
- Private sector employee
- Other (if a user selects this, then we need to provide a field for him to specify his occupation)
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- West Bengal (Kolkata only)
- West Bengal (outside Kolkata)
- Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra (Mumbai only)
- Maharashtra (outside Mumbai)
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh